I've moved my blog to jmcneil.net. This is no longer being updated!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Books, books, books..

Reading a couple of books from the folks at Packt Publishing.  They've made some chapters available online so I figured I'd simply include the links.

Grok 1.0 Web Development and Python Testing : Beginner's Guide. I'm actually quite excited about the Grok book as I've taken a recent (and somewhat unexplained) interest in "webby" development.

Being more of an infrastructure and tools guy, I don't do much user facing stuff.  Over the past month or so I've built some GAE & Django sites in order to improve my skill set.  I've tried using the Zope 3 (err... BlueBream) frameworks before and have simply given up.  The benefit just didn't match the complexity.

Chapters for each are available online:


Lastly, if the planets align as they appear to be, I may finally get the chance to write my own book. That's something I've wanted to do for quite a while.

No comments: